Sanotint Light Review

Guest's review of Sanotint Light

Sanotint Light

“I had a severe reaction to hair dye containing PPD 2...”

Written on: 10/04/2011

I had a severe reaction to hair dye containing PPD 2 years ago, therefore researced to find a safe product. Sanotint light is advertised as a PPD free and ammonia free product therefore I felt confident in purchasing and using the product. Completed the patch test which after 24 hours seemed ok but 24 hours after using the product on my hair ended up in Accident and Emergency Department of local hospital with severe reation needing massive amount of steroids and antihystermine drugs, feeling extremely poorly. Apparently product contains derivative of DDP. Very dissappointed as according to sanotint this is a safe product!

Guest's Comment

Written on: 08/08/2011

Hi. With regular hair dyes my hairline gets itchy and my skin gets flaky and my ears swell a little. Sometimes it can takes weeks to die down. I have been colouring my hair for years with no problem and this problem only started in the past 6 or 7 months. Any time in the past when I have done a patch test on my arm there has been no reaction but does affect my head?! I bought Sanotint light as it is meant to be safe. Did a little test on my left temple on Saturday. It has now been just over 48 hours from applying 0.5ml of Sanotint Light on my left temple and my skin is weeping and my left side of my face is swollen - so much so that it is getting difficult to see out of my left eye. I am so glad I did the test I almost went ahead and did my entire head because it is claimed that Sanotint light has no ammonia or PPDs. I am scared as I am pregant and I know that there is so much medication I cannot take. I guess I am just going grey and there is nothing I can do.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 30/03/2012

Hi, I had your same frustration although I didn't get to use Sanotint, I would have a reaction with any haircolor. Today I used Sebastian Cellophan, I had it done at the salon. No reaction at all. It has no ammonia or PPD. The only thing I didn't like was the price $101 (the treatment + blow drying). I am 35 and not ready to show off my grays, it covered them very well, they look like highlights. I'd say give it a try. You can find them online too. Good Luck!
K