First Direct Internet Banking www.firstdirect.com Review

Guest's review of First Direct Internet Banking www.firstdirect.com

“I have just read a few of these reviews and im...”

Written on: 09/04/2011

I have just read a few of these reviews and im amazed,been with First Direct for 18 years used a lot of their services got an ageed overdraft (cheap), always reading in investment papers that they are the best Bank to be with couldnt agree with them more.I think people that complain about services are likely to be a problem with any bank and First Direct can see this.Take my advise if your a good credit worthy customer First Direct are the bank.

• 1 year and over

Used service for

Written on: 09/05/2011

I found this review not helpful because this person has obviously never needed assistance, wait until you do! I'm a VERY credit worthy person thank you. For years I've had no issues with First Direct and now its one issue after another and they are stubborn in their refusal to deal with them, because they are on the end of the phone they hide behind it! Just sit and wait chum - you'll be back on here writing the same review all the 1 out of 5 people have written - guaranteed.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 31/07/2011

I think we forget that banks are businesses and not charities or government benefit offices!
The reason first direct didnt have to rely on handouts from the government is because they have a strict and responsible lending policy. They dont lend money to everybody and his dog to make their sales figure look good!
I wouldnt lend somebody more and more money if i didnt think i was going to get it back, would you??

Written on: 05/11/2013

They have got their money back and have always had it back and I've always kept to my original agreement. FD didn't! The only DEBT I have is £1000 in charges from FD!!! So get over yourself with your stupid comments about looking for charity. I have NEVER had a handout in the 25 years I've been working............

Guest's Comment

Written on: 26/05/2011

when you say you needed assistance, do you mean that you were looking for the bank (a business that like any other, that needs to make a profit)to provide you with free money. i.e overdraft without charges etc?

Written on: 05/11/2013

Seriously did you even read my review?! I HAVE a bank..........SANTANDER............ who I bank with now, instead of FD who are a joke! Santander DO NOT charge me for an agreed period that I go overdrawn as they know being in business, not all your customers pay on time and in the first 5 years of setting up as a business, cashflow is not easy. They understood, I kept to my agreements, no one was out of pocket and it was NOT FREE MONEY. I have no debt / outstanding charges with them. However, FD REFUSED to deal with me in this way, despite saying they would as I had a 14 year history of OUSTANDING CREDIT. Of course NOONE had recorded this particular conversation and so now I have £1000 in charges...........which quite frankly they can sing for..........I've worked hard all my life, never been on benefits and always had a job. I refuse to be robbed by a bunch of faceless telephone bankers!!!!!