BC Rich Beast Platinum Series Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Guest's review of BC Rich Beast Platinum Series

BC Rich Beast Platinum Series

“I got my platinum series BC Rich Beast cheap because...”

Written on: 06/04/2011

I got my platinum series BC Rich Beast cheap because it was damaged in shipping (a couple of chips, had to look for them).

I love the way the guitar looks, I LOVE the way it sounds, and it holds tune like a bass (well), but I found the ergonomics lacking. If you like to sit down sometimes while you play (like me) you will either be in pain due to a spike poking you in the leg, or you will do what I did and take an angle grinder to it.

After making a small cut to hack the pokey bit off, completing the otherwise smooth arch at the bottom of the guitar, then I smoothed and blended the area with a small flat file. I also rounded off the back side of the top spike which was poking me in the chest. A black marker took care of the paint.

It looks virtually identical to the way it used to but it sits comfortably on my lap and it's actually BETTER to play sitting down than the Fenders and Les Pauls because you can prop it between your legs holding the neck very stable at about a 45⁰ angle.

Oh one other thing, I kept hitting the volume knob while I was playing so since it just pulls off I removed it. The shaft underneath has little ridges on it which make it easy to adjust, but it never moves by accident anymore. You may think that's kind of an extreme measure, but a missing knob is way less noticeable than accidently adjusting the volume.

Now it's the perfect guitar.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard