Republic - www.republic.co.uk Review

Ryles23's review of Republic - www.republic.co.uk

“I am very torn on my thoughts of Republic. I have...”

Written on: 05/04/2011 by Ryles23 (11 reviews written)

I am very torn on my thoughts of Republic. I have never had a problem with anything I have been sent, in the sense that everything fits. I don't often shop at Republic but now and again I find an absolute gem and they are always received in a timely manner.

However I ordered some clothing and the Crafted jeans I received - Size 10, usual - were too small, my nearest store is some 40 miles away so it seems sensible to send them back by post. I feel absolutely furious (as I do with all companies) that I have to PAY to send it back, insured, especially as I spent enough to qualify for free next day delivery.

I feel really good companies take care of their customers in this way, and that is why I still use them over and over again.

I have not dealt with Customer Services before but after reading these reviews it sounds like it'll be an interesting experience.

As a seperate matter:

I find the delivery company (Home, or HDNL - soon to be Yodel) very unreliable - I had a lot of problems with them around Xmas when buying presents, being told they would not deliver in a reasonable time (estimated 7am-7pm) and I could not collect because the icy weather posed a legal threat to them (being only open til 6pm anyway and they only have one depot in a pretty undersirable location for every human being). This is definitely one of the reasons I sometimes don't/won't shop with Republic and probably wont in future.

• £142