Ryobi RY08510 Review

Guest's review of Ryobi RY08510

Ryobi RY08510

“A minimum of 1 star was mandatory - I would gave less...”

Written on: 04/04/2011

A minimum of 1 star was mandatory - I would gave less if I could. They do not stand behind their product at all - read this email string with Customer Service (start from the bottom)...

SUBJECT: RYOBI BLOWER/VACUUM - MODEL NUMBER: RY08510 - SERIAL NUMBER: AXH2631049

MY FINAL RESPONE

04/04/11 15:41:

So, the complaints that mimicked my own are "irrelevant" and don't "reflect with any accuracy, a manufacturer's product as a whole." - despite the fact that the same model (RY08510) was called out with the same condition (impossible to start after a very limited life of service).

Well, if TTI/Ryobi wants to stick its head in the sand and ignore a systemic failure of their product, I guess they do so at their peril. The fact is, people do read these sites to help them make informed decisions on which products they'll buy. The callous, disingenuous comments I have received make it abundantly clear that TTI/Ryobi has little regard for the customer after the sale. I guess I can post this string on "review center" and let the reading populace judge its "relevancy". As mentioned previously, my Ryobi string trimmer finally gave out after years of reliable service. When I purchase another trimmer this weekend, I guess it would be a mistake for me to consider Ryobi - or anything in the TTI family - relevant. Congratulations and have a good day.

RYOBI DISSING MY SECOND RESPONSE

04/04/11 14:04: Brian:

On-line comments or reviews in various places on-line are not considered relevant, since they can be hosted, posted, and placed on-line by anyone, including a competitor. They also do not reflect with any accuracy, a manufacturer's specific product as a whole.

As indicated previously, Ryobi does not offer any type of vouchers or any other coverage arrangements for a product, once that products warranty period has expired.

Best regards,

One World Technologies, Inc.

MY SECOND RESPONSE

04/04/11 11:16: Dear ,

Having worked in industries with consumer related products similar to those of Ryobi, I thoroughly understand how warranties work.

In the case of the Ryobi RY08510 blower/vacuum, there is a documented problem with this unit that goes beyond an isolated incidence of failure (per the link I shared with you). I find it quite disappointing that this detail was not acknowledged by Ryobi.

In view of the facts, Ryobi's choosing to stand behind a "canned" warranty technicality is a poor reflection of the parent company Tetra Technologies Inc. and its family of companies that include Homelite, Milwaukee, AEG, Hoover, Dirt Devil and VAX.

I would hope that Ryobi would see this as an opportunity to provide exceptional customer support, rather than provide another string of disappointing communication that makes its way to an industry/product blog site. I would encourage you to share this communication with a Supervisor or other individual who may be in a better position to provide satisfactory customer resolution of this issue.

I look forward to Ryobi's prompt, favorable response.

Best Regards,

Brian

RYOBI INITIAL RESPONSE

04/04/11 09:34: Brian:

Ryobi does not offer any type of vouchers or any other coverage arrangements for a product, once that poroducts warranty period has expired.

The warranty coverage period for your Ryobi lawn and garden product was for a period of time not an amount of use, and is based on the purchase receipt date and the warranty statement (Please read) provided in the manual for the specific product.

For service and repairs, your closest authorized service center can be determined from the service center locator URL below by using your 3-digit telephone area code in the search field.

Best regards,

One World Technologies, Inc.

ORIGINAL NOTE TO RYOBI...

04/02/11 15:13: I purchased this unit 3 years ago from Home Depot (Delivery # 0081379315, Store# 2715, PO# 15938526)

From the moment I took the unit out of the box it was very hard to start - as indicated by the blisters I received in the first start up attempt. Unfortunately, I only obtained maybe 2 warm weather seasons out of it before it would no longer start. In fact, I was not able to use it at all last season. I have the original box with the vacuum bag/tubes that have never seen the light of day.

Clearly, there are some unusual fundamental problems with this product http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews105908.html

I bought this unit after owning a factory refurbished Ryobi string trimmer that performed reliably for 16 years! At this time I am requesting a voucher or other arrangement to cover the proper servicing of this unit. This will enable me to realize some reasonable value for the money I paid for your Ryobi product.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 29/05/2011

Well, if your being honest in what happens in this case I guess I need to just buy another one....When I get the money I will buy a better made weed eater....I only used this one for three summers!