Stoney Point Telescopic Monopod Review

silvestris's review of Stoney Point Telescopic Monopod

“The last two or three years I have begun to notice a...”

Written on: 04/04/2011 by silvestris (1 review written)

The last two or three years I have begun to notice a loss of balance when in the outdoors. I borrowed a Primos Trigger Stick for a hunt but did not like the weight or the plastic handle. The cost for the Trigger Stick was outrageous. I ordered the Stoney Point Explorer for less than half the cost of the Trigger Stick and I am amazed at the ease with which I can negotiate the steepest country that I will ever encounter. The Explorer is lightweight to carry and makes me feel much more secure in my movements. The pulling and pushing when going uphill makes the climb so much easier than before, and the stick gives me much added security when traveling downhill or crossing branches. I only wish I had this product for the last twenty years. It is simple to adjust. I just fully extend the stick and tighten the largest diameter connection, then push down to achieve the desired height and tighten the smallest diameter tube.