The Cabinet at Reed Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Cabinet at Reed

“After reading many negative reviews for The Cabinet at...

Written on: 03/04/2011

After reading many negative reviews for The Cabinet at Reed I was apprehensive about visiting but it was Mother's Day and my Husband had booked our table weeks ago.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised. We were greeted by two happy waiters who were well prepared with the menus and very polite as we were shown to our table. The food arrived well presented and tasted fantastic! Although the tomato & chilli chutney took me by surprise (I think the chef likes chillies!)

Service throughout the meal was attentive without being annoying & there was always a waiter/waitress around to call over when we needed more drinks etc.

In conclusion, I can't wait to go back! The only negative point I can think of is the lack of highchairs. They only have the one highchair, but fortunately we had a booster seat with us as we've had this problem in restaurants before.

• Gastro

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Child Friendly