Chappie Original Dog Food Review

Guest's review of Chappie Original Dog Food

“CHAPPIE - great for dodgy doggy tums and bums! ”

Written on: 03/04/2011

CHAPPIE - great for dodgy doggy tums and bums!

My springer spaniel puppy (now 6 months) seemed to be having a lot of runny poos - we would often wake to find what looked like an explosion on the floor! As it is my first dog, I was really panicky so was constantly at the vet who sold me Royal Canin 'sensitive' wet food (£2 per standard can) You can imagine the expense of me being a new mum!. Well this food was basically minced chicken and rice - nothing else. His poo would return to normal and we would introduce other dry food slowly back into his diet. Within a day or two, his poo would be runny again. Because of the cost, I decided I was going to make my own food, so would boil turkey mince, rice, grated carrot and courgette before blitzing it in a processor. The dog was brill on it - but it proved awkward keeping a decent stock for him. While out walking my pup, I met someone who had worked for a springer rescue centre and he said he always used Chappie to feed the rescue dogs. I was unsure about trying him on this as because it is quite cheap in cost - I assumed it would be low quality - how wrong I was as he is amazing on it. Proper dog poo that I can pick up off the floor. I am still worried that he may be missing out on the proper levels of nutrients that may be added to puppy food and that a wet diet may cause problems to his gums and teeth - but he enjoys a nice fresh carrot each day which hopefully will help this and I have started giving him a fresh bone from the butchers which the vet said will help to supplement his calcium. I was surprised to learn that raw chicken wings (incl. bones) are good for calcium and it is okay to feed them these as the bones are soft and dont splinter - they must be raw though - it is the cooking that apparently causes the splintering.