Safestyle UK - www.safestyle-windows.co.uk Review

lufcttp31's review of Safestyle UK - www.safestyle-windows.co.uk

“I decided to get a quote from Safestyle after already...”

Written on: 02/04/2011 by lufcttp31 (1 review written)

I decided to get a quote from Safestyle after already getting 5 other quotes from local firms even though I was a bit unsure after reading the reviews. We want Rosewood on white windows and the cheapest we had been quoted was £4200 for 12 A rated windows that looked poor quality and £4800 for very good B rated windows which a neighbor had installed for £3800 but only 10 windows. I was prepared for the old fashioned sales pitch and was not suprised to be quoted £11000 for their A rated window and £9000 for their cheaper window. We made it clear that we were only interested in the A rated and how wonderful we thought it was but his quote was a little on the high side. He then asked what we would pay to which we said £1500 if we were to play his game of stupid prices. He then called his manager and came back with £3980 with £80 deposit. We signed up for that price and then called the original B rated quoters to get their quote down from £4800. They were very suprised that they had been undercut by that much and could only go to £4400 which has made me feel that I will not get a much better quote. Safestyle surveyor has been today and installation booked for Easter Monday. Fingers crossed all goes well from here but so far I have no problems with them apart from the stupid figure that was 1st quoted.

2011Jennywren's Response to lufcttp31's Review

Written on: 22/04/2011

I found this review very helpful because...i have just had them round to give a quote and i needed to know if it was high.