Strada Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Strada

“Absolutely dire. The starter was nice, but overpriced,...”

Written on: 01/04/2011

Absolutely dire. The starter was nice, but overpriced, and the main was completely mediocre.

We waited 5 minutes for a menu, 10 minutes for our order to be taken (only after I called the waitress over), the drinks took another 10 minutes to arrive, then the starter came about 5 minutes after that. We were left with empty plates for about 10 minutes before someone cleared them away.

We then waited half an hour for two microwaved portions of vegetarian pasta in tomato sauce (in which time the waitress lied about the dishes being 'almost ready' when I questioned her), and unwittingly paid a supposedly 'optional' service charge hidden in the bill. The service we received didn't warrant a tip of any kind; it was atrocious. Having had a bad experience with the service in Strada in the past (this was only my second visit in about 5 years), I thought they might have improved, given that they charge enough for a customer to expect at least reasonable service. However, following this awful experience I will never visit Strada again. They did not even earn one star for service or value for money in my view.

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all