Nokia 5110 Review

• Reception

• Style

Claire.'s review of Nokia 5110

Nokia 5110

“Sadly I still have my Nokia 5110 mobile phone and have...”

Written on: 26/04/2002 by Claire. (1 review written)

Good coverage, good features, easy to use, long battery life, can receive icons, long lasting, Durable

Looks like a brick now! can induce teasing from peers! Can't update rubbish ringtones, it's so old now that it's hard to still buy accessories for. Has no really cool features like colour screen or WAP

General Comments
Sadly I still have my Nokia 5110 mobile phone and have had it for two years. It is a good phone, it does what you need and I haven't had any problems with it. However it isn't exactly "cool" as it is So old (can you even still buy them?!) but my only really complaint is not looking that stylish...but even worse I really want a new funky ringtone and my phones just too old!

• Reception

• Style

82171_Miyu.'s Response to 21258_Claire.'s Review

Written on: 22/03/2003

If you think a Nokia 5110 can't look cool, just because it is old.. Think again!
<br>Here is what to get, if you really want it to look good instead of buying a new cellphone. The prices are estimates as the pieces cost different in each shop, and since I live in an expensive country they can possibly be cheaper elsewhere:
<br>A no antennae back cover, I got mine for $10 including expert change; it has better look and gets the radio waves really good aswell!
<br>A slim or ultra slim battery, they both look really cool on a 5110! I got my slim battery second hand for $10 dollars. PS slim battery from Nokia lasts longer than the standard BMS battery (and weights a lot less).
<br>A nice looking cover and some cool buttons to go with it, in my case it was a sleek black cover and black buttons. They cost 10 dollars together.
<br>And for about 12 dollars you can get the leds for lightning the keypad and display changed aswell, to either blue for nice, friendly look or red, for the demonic look.
<br>
<br>I think it is possible to get new ringtones for a 5110, if it is manufactured after the mid 2000 then it should be able to recive ringtones. (Unconfirmed tho, my phone is from start of 2000)
<br>
<br>Oh well, I don't expect many want to waste time on making there old cellphone look better... But since everyone has these new fancy phones which have keys that are SO tiny you have to use all sort of tricks to push 'em, I hope it inspires someone to make there old Nokia 5110 look unique instead of buying a new one! (I have 4 phones, with the oldest one being a 5110, I still love that one the best ^_^ )