Homelite HLT26CD Petrol Trimmer Review

Guest's review of Homelite HLT26CD Petrol Trimmer

Homelite HLT26CD Petrol Trimmer

“If you follow instructions correctly, (mix the...”

Written on: 28/03/2011

If you follow instructions correctly, (mix the fuel/oil correctly & prime the carb) this strimmer is very good and easy to start. Quite powerfull, dont know where the person below is going wrong sayin grass stops it. Im guessing they are leaving the choke on!! Had two of these now as I broke the pull cord on my last one being over enthusiastic starting it. would definatly recommend too a friend.

Anythingbuthomelite's Comment

Written on: 31/10/2012

The overwhelming feedback from owners of these things is that they are a piece of poo. We bought one here in Australia some time ago. On the rare occasions that it starts, it gets about 10 minutes use per month. It is literally in "as new condition" as a consequence of not starting or running. Do I know what I am doing. well let's ponder that for a moment. Our 2 stroke Yamaha outboard motor starts reliably every time (and we mix the fuel), the 2 Stihl Chainsaws we have start reliably and easily every time (again I mix the fuel), the Stihl Line Trimmer we bought to replace the afforementioned Homelite piece of poo also starts easily and reliably (yes, again I mix the fuel). In light of the innumerable complaints from people all over the world regarding difficulties starting and running the HLT26CD(NB), I just wonder if the machine might be a dud. Perhaps not, maybe we are all mixing the fuel incorrectly or leaving the choke on, but by some remarkable coincidence, not making the same mistake with our other 2 stroke machinery.