Co-Op Car Insurance Review

Guest's review of Co-Op Car Insurance

“I really recommend the Co-operative, mainly because...”

Written on: 22/03/2011

I really recommend the Co-operative, mainly because they are very friendly, trustworthy and helpful. I always feel that they are really trying to get things right, rather than a large company trying to take advantage of you. They are also one of the cheapest car insurance companies (for us anyway). I have used them for the last three cars we had.

We recently had to claim with them. Although the claims process took a few weeks, they settled without problem and gave us a good payment for the car (more than we had paid to buy it). Their charges for cancellation (pro rata minus 35 pounds charge) and any administration changes (15 pounds) are better than most companies. Basically, I trust them and do not trust others.

There are definitely downsides, however: their paperwork is often a bit of a mess and can be confusing. Also, they are no good if you buy a new car that has no tax and want to get it taxed straight away, as they won't send you the insurance certificate immediately over the internet (they say that sending it over the internet is not secure and so not really legal/professional, in their view). Overall, however, the fact they always sort out any problems without trying to fight you means that they are a good company to be with.

• Recently Settled

Have you made a Claim

• Good previous service

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive