Slimming World Review

Guest's review of Slimming World

Slimming World

“Plucked up the courage to join SW 6 weeks ago. ”

Written on: 19/03/2011

Plucked up the courage to join SW 6 weeks ago.

Consultant rushed through the main principles of the plan and then I joined the group session. Consultant did lots of manic giggling and time wasting and seemed to have certain favourites that she concentrated on. Didn't learn anything constructive. 2nd week thought I would stay again to see if the group would be better. Not a chance complete waste of time. Coupled with the fact that the women who check you in and weigh you are as miserable as sin I didn't stay to any more sessions. So £4.95 to stand on a scale in front of a rather abrupt woman I consider a waste of time and money.As for the actual diet it becomes expensive and rather tedious as time goes on.

Nikki40192's Comment

Written on: 13/05/2011

I found this review not helpful because... this is her stupid opinion on her class that she attended! she cannot say that slimming world is not good just because the class she went to was bad! not all the women who wigh you in are miserable!!!! i've been at SW for 10 weeks now and lost 1 stone 13 lbs and the women who weigh you in are so friendly helpful and kind and my consultant does everything she can to help! i think this review is stupid and quite ignorant! not other peoples fault that this person doesnt want to stand on front of someone to be weighed! personally i think that helps because you dont want people telling you've put on weight every week!!!

Written on: 12/08/2011

I have to say that one of the reasons I stopped going to classes was down to the consultant.

Whenever I arrived at class she would be outside smoking until the last minute, rush through a really quick explanation with the newbies and be late starting the group. Would stand at the front making crude jokes and waving around the "blobby" (fat replica) and asking everyone to put their hand up if we lost any blobbies - felt like I was back in junior school. She came across very patronising and really felt I was being spoken to like a child with some of the things she said to the group! It even got to the point that I would only stay to class as punishment if I had not lost or had put on.

There was a bingo/raffle thing that took a while to go around but not much sharing of experiences or recipes plus every week having to contribute to the prize for who lost the most weight was a bit of a pain especially as I had paid for the classes already but was expected to buy something to put in every week too.

I did not feel particularly supported and lost enthusiasm very quickly.

I decided to go it alone and I managed to lose 18lbs over 6 months before my wedding and I was not even being totally strict and probably stretched my syns sometimes.

Another friend goes to a class she says is great so sometimes its just the consultant not working for you as she has lost 4 stone now. I would recommend trying another class. Tricky for me as this consultant seems to do most of the classes in the Hemel Hempstead area.

After I stopped following Slimming World I have slowly put the weight back on sadly so am considering trying my friend's group or going it alone again because the diet really does work. My mum and 2 of my bridesmaids lost large amounts of weight before my wedding on it too and I know loads of other people who swear by it. Don't write it off just yet, try another consultant and see if that helps.

Written on: 18/07/2011

None of you's mnention the meeting you attended, I am thinking of joining but the comments of the class consultant are putting me off, which class is it!!

Written on: 04/07/2011

I started at a class two weeks ago and my class is exactly like this! No advice or encouragement, just given pack and expected to pay £4.95 to step on the scales. An army of women run ours whilst the leader is outside smoking......it really isn't good, especially as one of them is really not up to working the lap top so it takes an age to book in. The leader just stands reading out losses and gains and that's it, time to go home.It really is the most unprofessional set up I have been to. Yet SW make it sound like it's the most glamorous thing in the world......I'm trying so hard to lose weight and it is happening slowly but I wonder why I'm paying and then scouring the internet for advice? This week may be my last if it doesn't improve.

Written on: 15/06/2011

I can completely understand this persons review! She sounds like she attended the same group as I did. I stopped going because the consultant just giggled and laughed her way through each meeting, she had her favourites too and would spend 10 minutes chatting to them while the rest of us waited. The only thing she did each week was go through everyone's weight losses each week and that was it - meeting over! We never learnt anything new. Therefore "image therapy" was not carried out. I ordered books / magazines each week, and each week she "forgot". I never ended up with my orders. Also my meeting was towards the end of the week - so there were only the least favourable flavours of HiFi bars left. There were never any mint madness or chocolate orange ones left! The person who weighed us in was completely miserable and if I had gained half a pound she would roll her eyes at me and tut tut under her breath!

Luckily I have done some research online to find out how the diet actually works and I feel more confident now. I will be enrolling in a new group with a different consultant on Monday. For me, the first time around was a waste of money because I didn't lose much (only £££'s) - but I blame that down to the consultant not explaining things properly! But that is my PERSONAL OPINION on that SPECIFIC group. Now that I understand the actual diet - I think it's brilliant!

Written on: 05/06/2011

Ladies I think your coments are so agressive not friendly. Person write what she thinks, you don't have to attack.
Anyway, I think the concultant have to be retrained. To not fail SW's reputation.

Sharpey66's Comment

Written on: 20/05/2011

I found this review not helpful because...The writer would find it an expensive waste of money if she did not stay to class.SW is a greatsupportive way to lose weight, share ideas and make likeminded friends who all help you along your journey.I think the writer should possibly try a different class to compare different delivery styles.I would suggest her negative attitude would probably influence the person who was weighing her. After all, you arent going to fall over yourself to be pleasant to someone who moans like she does.I say with her negative attitude its a good job she is not going back as she will never lose wight weight and would most likely put others off too. She should put money energy into reading the books than blaming everybody else for her failings.