Cook Frozen Ready Meals www.cookfood.net Review

Kate Hart's review of Cook Frozen Ready Meals www.cookfood.net

Cook Frozen Ready Meals www.cookfood.net

“I bought the new style lamb shanks with vegetables and...”

Written on: 19/03/2011 by Kate Hart (1 review written)

I bought the new style lamb shanks with vegetables and they were inedible, very hard and parsnip hard and stringy. The meat and gravy were okay but otherwise very disappointing, maybe leave out the veg!

Also I bought the steak and red wine pie which says "all butter short crust pastry". No way, it was more like water pastry, hard and flat, that too was disappointing as I love pastry, innards were okay. Unfortunately both times it was a meal for my mother who is 84 and likes good food.

I feel that if Cook is going to charge a fair bit of money over and above normal shop prices, they should be consistently good.

Regards Kate Hart

Hayabslee's Response to Kate Hart's Review

Written on: 17/05/2011

I found this review very helpful because...it's true - overpriced garbage with pretentious staff who believe they're something special. When, in truth, they sell poorly cooked frozen food at extortionate prices!

Mazmaz's reply to Hayabslee's Comment

Written on: 02/01/2014

I could not agree more. Over Christmas 2013 I spent nearly £150.00 on their meals and most of them were disappointing in the extreme. They tasted bland, were poorly cooked and there was a lack of meat when on the menu. Constantly having to make apologies to any guest and my husband thought I had gone out of my mind buying the products.Give me M&S anytime if you do not have the time to cook from scratch!