We Can Fit - www.wecanfit.co.uk Review

Guest's review of We Can Fit - www.wecanfit.co.uk

“I initially phoned to book a car audio installation...”

Written on: 18/03/2011

I initially phoned to book a car audio installation (speakers), and although the salesman was helpful enough, with hindsight there were several subtle clues that using WeCanFit would not be a good experience...

For a start, the salesman was very vague with answers to my questions, which I assumed were quite standard; "How do I know if I have all the cables/components required for install", "I don't have a driveway in which to park my car, is this a problem" and "will the weather affect installation?" He dismissed each question, as if it would not affect an install. It turned out that all three of these questions resulted in a problem...

The first installation appointment available after my enquiry was one month away, and although I was a little concerned about parting with my money and then having to wait a month, I put this down to the post-xmas rush for installations. However, this installation was cancelled the day before it was due, via SMS. Not great customer service... I then phoned and attempted to book another date, which I was informed would be another month away... At least this engineer did turn up on the day, but the story doesn't end there!

The engineer turned up late in the afternoon for my "morning" appointment, and informed me he was parked outside (I'm really not sure why he didn't knock on my door and speak face-to-face?). He first asked me if I had all the necessary cables and housing for the speakers - I didn't know, as this was one of my questions I asked 2 months ago, upon initial booking. He then stated that as it was raining, and I didn't have a 'covered areas' under which he could work, he was cancelling the appointment. To add insult to injury, he then mentioned that because I had no 'off-road' place to park my car, that an installation would be impossible anyway (for reference, my car was parked in an on-road marked parking bay, on a quite street). This maybe a fair point, but it would have been good to have been told this at the time of booking. His parting words were that someone from the office would be in contact with me by close of business to arrange a refund.

After several days went by, and no-one had called I decided to call the office myself. The person I spoke to "understood" my frustration and supposedly passed my request for a refund onto my billing department. After a week had passed, I had still not received a refund, and so I called again. I spoke to someone different, but had exactly the same response. This happened again (3 times in total), and by the fourth time I demanded to speak to a manager. After 10 minutes of explaining my story, the manager reluctantly agreed to refund my money, minus a call-out fee!! I explained that the call-out was not my fault and should never have occurred, as all the problems could have been sorted by the first sales person properly answering my questions. The manager mumbled something about this being a 'fair point' and promised a refund.

I've just seen that after 3 months from the initial booking, I have been refunded, but, and you've guessed it, minus a £37 call-out charge - i.e. half the cost of the installation!!

These guys are clearly all a bunch of muppets, with no-one I spoke to being very helpful (or knowledgeable), and all of them seemed keen to pass-the-buck at every opportunity. I can't be bothered to phone them to attempt to get the call-out fee refunded as this will be a further waste of my time. Instead I'll post a negative review on as many review sites as I can find - a much more valuable use of my time :)

Hopefully this will eventually get back to WeCanFit, and force them to consider updating their "the customer is always wrong" policy to customer service. I hope they will discover that given the current economic climate, customer service is becoming ever more important!

I would recommend you avoid using WeCanFit at all costs!

Daniel