Caffe Nero Review

• Quality of Service

Guest's review of Caffe Nero

“I can't understand why the staff are told to serve two...”

Written on: 16/03/2011

I can't understand why the staff are told to serve two people at once?? Find this very impersonal,how can they give full attention to me when they have to ask the next customer in line what they want?...

Found the staff very pleasant but was not impressed with the way the manageress spoke to them in front of customers.She was especially rude to a young male member of staff,we felt so sorry for him,there's a time and place to correct your staff,and that's not in front of paying customers.

I would like to know WHY the staff are trained to serve two customers at once? What is the reason?

• Quality of Service

• chichester

Location

Guest's Comment

Written on: 12/06/2011

I agree that it's appalling for senior staff to undermine other staff members in front of customers. It happens all too often, not just in Cafe Nero and sadly, from my experience, it's normally female managers who do this. The thing to do is complain at the time and if you're not satisfied, tell the manageress that the complaint will go to head office. Believe me, Cafe Nero area managers WILL deal with complaints like this. As for the strong coffee ~ I like strong coffee but it's no pleasure if you don't! I'm in the habit now of asking for my coffee strong, wherever I drink, as most places it's like a cup of hot milk. Oh, you can also ask for a pot of hot water!

Nat29's Comment

Written on: 20/11/2012

I don't understand either this is VERY VERY VERY stupid as what happens to me is that customer behind me get served before me as they explained to me last weekend that by Cafe Nero 'rules' they have to take 3 orders from 3 different people so even if someone is free to serve you they will serve a person behind you first. I wrote letter to head office about it. Nero is the only place that has this 'rule'.