Fox BandSaw F28 - 182 Review

From 1 review

Goldcap's review of Fox BandSaw F28 - 182

Fox BandSaw F28 - 182

“My first attempt at using a bandsaw so I've nothing to...”

Written on: 16/03/2011 by Goldcap (15 reviews written)

My first attempt at using a bandsaw so I've nothing to compare this Fox one with. However, probably a good example of 'You get what you pay for'! Excellent value for money and an ideal starter kit as far as I am concerned.The saw runs smoothly and quietly and (so far) cuts like a knife through butter. It lacks the extra equiptment you may get with one of the more expensive models but I'm not into cabinet making yet, just basic woodwork so it does the job fine. It comes with a three year guarantee and extra blades are easy to locate. Just one critism, the instruction manual! Unusually, not written in Chinees but it might just have well been, still, made for one or two chuckles. Thus far quite satisfied with it.

• Under 1 Month

Time Product Owned For:

Arvacon's Response to Goldcap's Review

Written on: 25/05/2012

Hi friend. Interesting review.
I am looking to buy this tool too, but it's unable to find any other reviews on the net. As I see you bought this at 2011, so I would like to know your impression after more than a year of use. Do you still satisfied with it?
Is there anything I should have in mind before I buy it?

Regards,
Kostas

Goldcap's Response to Goldcap's Review

Written on: 28/05/2012

Hello again. No I haven't noticed any vibrations. I'm still using the original blade but if cutting larger pieces of wood I do it slowly and make sure the blade is taunt.otherwise what you're suggesting tends to happen. My use is quite limited, if you are into more advanced work go a more powerfull machine may be appropriate. As and when I become more competent I may do the same, as a learner it's been fine. Oh, it's easy to clean and doesn't move about when in use. Hope this helps.

Arvacon's Response to Goldcap's Review

Written on: 28/05/2012

Hello again.
I have some more questions for you, if you don't mind :)

-Do you have notice any vibrations during your work?
-Does it needs to replace the stock blade, in order to cutting better, or it is cutting fine with it?
-Does the motor has enough power to cut a square piece of wood with about 5-6cm thick, or it will break your nerves? I mean when you force the wood a little harder to the blade, do you see the motor to loosing its power? I just wondering about this, because the motor seems small, as it is just 200watts.

Thanks in advance

Goldcap's Response to Goldcap's Review

Written on: 27/05/2012

So far it's served it's purpose but I'm no expert with these things. It has certainly been reliable and easy to use but it has limitations which more expensive makes probably overcome. In terms of basic usage it's been fine, if your looking to to more advanced woodwork carry on looking. Hope that helps.