Nokia 6310 Review

• Reception

• Style

Sean.'s review of Nokia 6310

Nokia 6310

“I have had this Nokia 6310 mobile phone for a month...”

Written on: 22/04/2002 by Sean. (1 review written)

Excellent battery life. Good sound quality. Loads of useful features.

Crashes regularly. Letters on buttons very difficult to read when light is poor. Backlight makes it worse.

General Comments
I have had this Nokia 6310 mobile phone for a month and I really like it. However it crashes or more accurately freezes at least once a day. The screen stays normal, shows the Vodafone logo, signal and battery indicators but it's not working! When someone calls they are sent directly to the answer service. It's not until I make a call that I am aware that it isn't working. It goes through the dialling procedure and indicates that it is dialling out but nothing happens. Switch it off and on again and it's back to normal. This is very annoying. At least my old 7110 went blank and I was aware of the state of play. With this situation I am missing calls repeatedly.

• Reception

• Style

21502_John.'s Response to 20720_Sean.'s Review

Written on: 28/04/2002

I have had the 6310 for 6 weeks and it suffers from excactly the same problem. I only bought it because magazine reviews said it was everything the 6210 wanted to be!!! I rely on my mobile for my business and have missed numerous calls and as the phone shows a signal you have no idea it's playing up untill you try to make an outgoing call and it fails switch it off and on again and it works !! does anyone make a reliable phone that works well in a poor signal area ???

54959_John.'s Response to 20720_Sean.'s Review

Written on: 01/12/2002

buy a 6310i problems over !!

54911_Mario.'s Response to 20720_Sean.'s Review

Written on: 01/12/2002

I was given a 6310 as a present. It seems to work as you describe yours. How unfortunate. Can you tell me the Sofware version you are using? type *#000# continuously at the standby screen and it will show 4 lines of letters. I also cannot find the Bluetooth Passcode anywhere to pair with a PDA. Can anyone suggest an alternate method to input the Passkey? I was told the Passcode entry is any random number, but I get "Incorrect Passcode" so it may be specific to the phone. Any info appreciated, email dnmsilva@netvigator.com. thanks much. Mario.