Umberto's, Norwich Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Umberto's, Norwich

“We have just had an evening at Umbertos Norwich and...”

Written on: 13/03/2011

We have just had an evening at Umbertos Norwich and were totally disappointed. We ordered starters of Garlic bread with cheese and there was no sign of any cheese. We queried this and were told there was a sprinkling of parmesan cheese on the bread, sorry but I hate parmesan cheese and can smeel it a mile away - there was no cheese on the garlic bread. Main courses. to be fair the lasagne was good but very small portions for the price. 1 member of the party had spagetti tubes with no sauce and very little bacon/ham and a few small pieces of tomato - very disappointing.

Totally disappointed with the food and the service. Will certainly not be going back any time soon. We were celebrating a 65th birthday but there was certainly nothing to make this a memorable evening.

• Italian

Food Type

• Over £25

Average cost per head

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Casual

Atmosphere

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's Comment

Written on: 06/07/2011

This review is rather confusing. As a food lover i make sure that when i order food i see what the ingredients are, if you don't like parmesan then why not say, this to me is personal choice rather than bad food. I also don't understand why the British say they like Italian food when they don't understand it. Not all pasta needs to drowned in sauce, read the ingredients and you will see what the pasta is made with. I have lived several years in Italy and have come across all types of recipes, not all pasta is the same. Even Carluccio will agree with this comment.
I go regularly to Umberto's and LOVE IT. It's fresh food, made to order and i'd rather go there than some chain restaurant where the food is made in a factory.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK UMBERTO.