First Great Western Review

• Reliability

• Cleanliness

rupal2's review of First Great Western

“The First Great Western service is generally good,...”

Written on: 11/03/2011 by rupal2 (107 reviews written)

The First Great Western service is generally good, apart from when incidents occur. Then it seems like the trains just disappear, leaving hundreds of commuters stranded on platforms, building up for the next train to appear. I regularly take this train, and on many occasions I find myself thinking this is it, I'm going to be crushed to death. There needs to be more carriages, and I recently read in an article in the metro, that this service is the second most over crowded train in England. It's crazy trying to get on at Ealing Broadway on the way home. It's not only the lack of carriages that cause problems, but also the passengers themselves. I find it so frustrating when I am constantly being pushed onto trains, even though people can see that there is enough space for everyone, sheer lack of common sense. I feel sorry for the elderly, the young and the pregnant. They have no chance.

• Cleanliness