BSA Lightning Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Infiltrator2K's review of BSA Lightning

“”

Written on: 07/03/2011 by Infiltrator2K (7 reviews written)

Terrible rifle! Accuracy was shockingly bad. Then I found that the bullbarrel had actually bent slightly causing the pellet to clip. The direction it had bent indicated that it had been caused by cocking the rifle. The BSA Lightning Tactical is hard to cock, but you don't expect it to bend! (underlever next time).

Then I found the rifle's trigger and safety would lock solid. This turned out to be caused by the loose sear pin in the trigger mechanism misaligning. I loctited it to prevent it misaligning and the rifle locking up, but then to my "horror" the rifle would instead randomly fire by itself, even with the safety on!

Sometimes when I cock it and close the barrel, sometimes randomly when it's already cocked. Sometimes I could 20/30 pellets through it and it would'nt happen> Needless to say the first time it happened I put a pellet through the neighbours fence :O I was totally horrified! I mean, I could have shot someone! :O Now the rifle's locked away, I won't use it of sell it because it's just bloody lethal. Personally I'll never buy BSA again because it's shaken me up, and I'm ex-army and firearms trained.

The only plus side I can say about this rifle is that it is a good looking rifle and feels/looks solid. The synthetic stock is also nice. It's a shame I've had such a bad experience, because I really would like this rifle if it was reliable, but more importantly "safe".

If you're reading this 'Birmingham Small Arms', feel free to contact me and pick up this rifle for inspection, because I would really like to know what has failed to make this rifle so dangerous.

• Accuracy