Nokia 9210 Review

• Style

Maria.'s review of Nokia 9210

☆☆☆☆☆
Nokia 9210

“The Nokia 9210 is the worst mobile phone I have ever...”

Written on: 20/04/2002 by Maria. (1 review written)

The Nokia 9210 is the worst mobile phone I have ever bought in my entire life. Have been experiencing very irritating problems since I bought this expensive phone. My unit is now in its v4.13 but still hangs and system crash very often. Could not send SMS, get auto shut off, very embarrassing especially in the middle of a very important phone call. Very impolite indeed. Unstable synchronisation, gets plenty of error messages in between. Insufficient memory. Until now Nokia is not answering our question why they created a disastrous phone. Maybe that's the reason why they had to come up with a 9210i, which accordingly is a much improve version of 9210. If this is the situation, I guess it is just fair that they have to recall all the defective 9210 and replace us with the 9210i which hopefully will not give us the many irritating problems.

• Style

45279_Chino.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 21/10/2002

I definitely AGREE with you! I have experienced everything that you talked about with my Nokia 9210 Communicator. I even bought a 32MB memory card to improve its performance to no avail! It stalls, it hangs, it crashes, and worse, it shuts off for no apparent reason! One has to take the battery from the phone to reboot the system! I am actually looking for someone willing to buy the phone...however, the buyer might think that it's damaged and that he got a deal from hell. I'd rather go traditional and use my old laptop...works 1 million times better than my Nokia 9210 Communicator! Currently, I am having a blast with my new NOKIA 7650. Aside from "warning-low on memory" from taking too much pictures, it's my most exciting Nokia ever!

81099_Wire.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 19/03/2003

=) fortunately for us, I don't live at sunset view... Anyway, I'll get back to you as soon as I have time from my hectic schedule. By the way, I live in Pacific Plaza at the Fort. Kinda boring though at night. ciao!

80672_Chino.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 17/03/2003

wire, in as much as your building admin won't surely let you install an antenna protruding from your unit's balcony, a simple mount will do just fine, provided it doesn't touch a wall or anything of that sort. funny, but we're on the same boat in so many ways. :-) from my balcony at sunset view tower, you'll surely won't notice the way i installed it. (don't tell me that you're on the same building! ) LOL:-) The brand, like what i've said, is SAMSUNG. If you'd like to know more about it, ICQ me at ICQ173447872

80112_Wire.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 15/03/2003

chino... seems good enough especially the range. what brand is it anyway? But nonetheless I have to consider it first as regards to the antennae I don't have a place in my office nor do I have any in my condo... Thanks for the offer anyway.

79983_Chino.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 14/03/2003

hi! wire, this might interest you, i bought a "long-range" 150 to 250 kilometers wireless phone. I pay no more for landline calls! The intercom feature works like a 2 way radio, you can page the base and the phone vv. The only hassle is the installation of a considerably high antenna for better range coverage. It's like bringing your landline with you! If your landline has DDD or IDD, calling mobile phones come easy anytime, anywhere! You can even fool your GF, call her using the wireless from any place and your office number appears on her caller id! Now, you can work overtime all the time! ciao!!! (SAMSUNG N288 - very sleek mobile phone like design, stylish grey and black color...only 6,000Php. ) ..just dont pull the extended antenna...it looks really awful.

79270_Wire.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 12/03/2003

Yes, you are right... in a few months time, mobile phones will change and new features will be added to spice up the consumers. By the way, I was able to develop a program for the 9210 that would enable me to read MMS messages as well as send them just like the 7650... how I just wish they could make a phone that is cute but as featured packed as the 9210... recently I also added a 128MB memory card to my 9210... how i just wish they make a mobile phone as cute but featured pack as well like the 9210... with full featured keyboard... and touch screen too... haha

78983_Chino.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 11/03/2003

Aside from the 32mb memory card which i purchased in the US, not a single "unofficial" stuff was added to my 9210 except those additional applications in the compact disk that comes with the package. I guess you're right, buying the phone too early might just be one of the reasons. Currently, I still have it, and for sentimental reasons, I just can't sell it. :-) I discovered few tricks to spice it up with my "trendy" 7650, giving it (9210) a new twist. Mobile phones made all of us accessible, anytime, anywhere. It's quite sad seeing people enslaved by their phones. I am not. I treat these phones as gadgets to amuse me. To you, the 7650 is nothing but all trendiness,I agree with you on that. Eventually, when the new wave of phones arrive in the market, it'll be totally outdated, and it's time to get a new one again. Just a thought, who in the world would wear the same shirt for the rest of his life anyway?

Wire.'s Response to 20295_Maria.'s Review

Written on: 07/03/2003

We'll I've been using my 9210 mobile phone for quite some time and haven't experience anything like you two said. I guess the problem is purchasing the phone too early or trying to upgrade the firmware. Usually this occurs if you try to upgrade any firmware from a non-accredited places. Anyway, I myself am having much more fun with this phone unlike the 7650 which I just found out is just for pure trendiness.