Early Learning Centre - www.elc.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Early Learning Centre - www.elc.co.uk

“ELC were doing a special offer on a Playtable and a...”

Written on: 07/03/2011

ELC were doing a special offer on a Playtable and a Train Playset before Christmas. I thought it would make a terrific gift for my nephew. I ordered the two and they arrived soon thereafter.

The set weighed about 5 pounds and retails for about £125. ELC's packers had decided to dsend it in an ill-fitting cardboard box and had put in a sheet of brown paper (not scrunched up, just lying flat) as some sort of protection for the journey!!

The set had rattled about on its journey and arrived bashed up and looking tatty and soiled. I called and they offered to pick it up and replace it - good for them - I accepted. They picked it up and 2 days later a second set arrived. They had packed it exactly the same way as before and the results were the same - bashed up product that did not look new and did was not fit for purpose.

I called again. This time they had no more stock available - to cut a long story shorter - I had to return the Table and Set or keep the bashed ones. I sent them back.

Why can't people send items that are obviously gifts with a bit of care so they arrive in good shape? Internet shopping is supposed to be convenient - it isn't if product arrives looking 2nd hand.

• Playtable and Playset, £200+