Weihrauch HW77 Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Guest's review of Weihrauch HW77

“Back in the 80's the HW77 came to dominate the FT...”

Written on: 05/03/2011

Back in the 80's the HW77 came to dominate the FT scene, I didn't own one back then (couldn't afford it). I'm just getting back into FT (well, HFT) now and I bought a PCP rifle - a Gunpower Stealth to be exact, what a POS, put me off PCP for good. So I picked up an old HW77 at the Newark Show for £190. It went to the gunsmiths and came back with a shortened barrel (12" super carbine style), tuned trigger and new spring and seals.

I took it to the range at Huthwaite - OMG it's superb! Now I can see what all the fuss is about, it's almost boringly accurate, 1/2" groups at 45yds. I zeroed it at 30yds and it shoots flat from 20 to 40 yds, unbelievable, what was I doing all these years? Just buy an HW77 and have done with it, the best airgun in the world.

I've had an HW45 for years, which is quite clearly the best pistol in the world, so I should have known...

BUY ONE NOW!