ALKO 38VLE Combi Electric Scarifier Review

Guest's review of ALKO 38VLE Combi Electric Scarifier

ALKO 38VLE Combi Electric Scarifier

“I would not recommend one of these scarifiers (despite...”

Written on: 04/03/2011

I would not recommend one of these scarifiers (despite being a "best buy" from Which?) They do the job when they decide to work but they are very tempremental. I bought one in Spring 2008 after I suffered a slipped disc and wanted to protect my back from further injury. The thing worked intermittently but has now 3 years later given up completely. It is not worth spending the money getting it repaired for only a few uses a year. I am back to using the old fashioned garden rack. More work but more reliable.

Save your money

Sturmason2002's Comment

Written on: 17/03/2014

I also bought one for exactly the same reason. Mine broke down after less than two years. Unfortunately it is next to impossible to get them repaired, unless it is petrol driven. I gave mine away to the tatters. You're better off with an ordinary lawn rake