Debt Free Direct www.debtfreedirect.co.uk Review

bluelle's review of Debt Free Direct www.debtfreedirect.co.uk

“Debt Free Direct seemed the best solution to my debt...”

Written on: 03/03/2011 by bluelle (1 review written)

Debt Free Direct seemed the best solution to my debt problems but they ended up being too good to be true.

I called them last week and got the ball rolling for a debt management plan Kirsty, the lady I spoke to reassured me there were NO setup fees AT ALL for setting up a DMP with debt free direct all they wanted was £25 out of the £146 per month they would take for distribution amongst my creditors. I was so happy with this as I had been asked by other DMP companies for £100-£200 in setup fees. I eagerly awaited my pack but when it came I found amongst the papers a 'business' sheet informing me that they would be keeping my first two payments for their set up costs, none of this would go to my creditors and it would put me further in debt- how nice of them!! SO the set up fees 'Kirsty' told me I wouldn't be charged amounted to almost £300!!!! I called and cancelled instantly. I really don't like being lied to and mislead or have my time wasted but thats what DFD have done, all I can do is put this review on here to warn others. Be careful with these people, they seem so genuine and sympathetic when you call but then of course they are because they want your money! Now I am back to square one and losing sleep over my debts it was a nice week while it lasted. Shame on you DFD.

Lizzy Snow's Response to bluelle's Review

Written on: 08/03/2011

Hi
<br/>
<br/>There are people that you can go to who will not charge you any set up fees or any monthly fees. These being Payplan www.payplan.com and CCCS.