Glasses Direct - www.glassesdirect.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Glasses Direct - www.glassesdirect.co.uk

“Prescription too strong for Glasses Direct! Wish...”

Written on: 02/03/2011

Prescription too strong for Glasses Direct! Wish they'd make this clear! I had never thought of buying glasses online, so when I saw a tempting online deal (Groupon) for Glasses Direct I was very interested. I looked on the site, measured my old frames and started choosing new frames to try. It was only when I looked at the small print on the Groupon offer I had received (independently of Glasses Direct), that I saw Glasses Direct do not supply lenses with a combined Sph and Cyl measurement of above +/-8 (as well as other prescription limitations). I looked all over Glasses Direct's website, including 'Prescription', 'FAQs' and 'Terms and Conditions' and could not find this information anywhere. I phoned Glasses Direct and was told in a very abrupt manner that no they don't do these stronger prescriptions and it does say on the website. I was left feeling very disappointed and annoyed, - it was only thanks to Groupon's clear presentation of their voucher that I did not waste more time (and the £22 for the Groupon voucher) on Glasses Direct's website. I feel Glasses Direct should make this information clear on their Prescriptions page, and FAQs page, as this is where most people would look before wasting a lot of their time. Other than that, the site seemed informative, just let down by this one deal-breaking issue!

• glasses

Visit glassesdirect.co.uk

Valen Mur's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2011

I found this review not helpful because...It does say on the web site that +/-8.00 is their prescription limit. The first time I bought from Glasses Direct I read all the information provided on the web pages not just the FAQs page! Also, if my prescription was anywhere near as strong as +/-8.00 then I would be getting my glasses from an opticians shop and not trying to buy them off the internet. However, I would point out that I have had now had 5 pairs of glasses from Glasses Direct and find them to be excellent.
<br/>Valen Mur.