The Gate of India, Tynemouth Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Gate of India, Tynemouth

“Our family eat out once a month as a treat. My...”

Written on: 02/03/2011

Our family eat out once a month as a treat. My husband, myself & daughter always go to The gate of India for our Indian meals. We have been going to The gate for about 6 years & have never had a meal that has been less than excellent. The staff are friendly, attentitive & polite & have always been helpful. When our daughter was younger my husband & I would order 2 starters/2 mains etc & the staff always made sure the little one did not feel left out & ensured she had a plate & generally the curry she wanted in front of her......Last time we went to go to the gate it was shut for refurbishment, as we had travelled a distance for the meal we decided to pop into nearby Whitley bay for a meal, we ended up having an Indians & although the food was acceptable & what some people would class as good, it did not hit the mark of the quality of food from the gate. I have taken hardened curry lovers here for a meal & now this is the only restaurant they will visit. We are going tonight & cant wait to see the new decor & get our lovely Balti with lots of fresh corriander on top........Our daughter is now 13 & we generally order 6 poppadoms with pickles, 3 starters, 2 currys, 1 rice 1 nan & 3 chappatis. 2 coffee's & at least 3 drinks, it works out at just over £10 a head. You can get specials but we generally order what we want & it only cost about £2 more per head. My Fav place to eat EVER...........

• Indian

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all