Cannon Chesterfield Gas Cooker Review

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of Cannon Chesterfield Gas Cooker

Cannon Chesterfield Gas Cooker

“Both myself and my wife are getting older so decided...”

Written on: 23/02/2011

Both myself and my wife are getting older so decided to buy a cooker we thought would last. What a mistake!! Engineer called out after just a few days to correct the ignition system, it would not stop working. He had to come back with s brand new part. Within a few months the chrome was washing off the grill pan, now totally gone. Within twelve months the clock started to blink and fade, after two years totally gone. When we purchased the cooker we took out a 5 year free parts offer that came with it. This is only any good if you pay for the labour, currently £105. Tried to buy the part and fit myself with 40% off Canon still wanted £44.00. Now it appears that this is one of the cookers worst features, they only seem to last 12 months or so. The help from Canon was laughable. Will certainly advise people I know not to buy Canon. A shame because when Canon was in Cosely in the West Midlands they built cookers for life.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For:

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2011

Likewise! I too dutifully filled in the 5 year free parts offer, only to find out last week after the 4 gas jets refuse to ignite automatically, that they charge £170 for labour etc!! But it's okay, as informed by the call centre, you can pay in instalments!!!!! The cooker is JUST 2 years old, I wish I'd done more homework before buying it.