Fuji Finepix 4900 Review

• Image Quality

maureen.'s review of Fuji Finepix 4900

“I take a lot of pictures with this Fuji Finepix 4900...”

Written on: 17/04/2002 by maureen. (1 review written)

A really nice camera

no black and white options, as with the 6900

General Comments
I take a lot of pictures with this Fuji Finepix 4900 zoom digital camera. It`s easy to handle and the pictures are very sharp.

• Image Quality

Mcb.'s Response to 19816_maureen.'s Review

Written on: 23/04/2002

How many mega pixels is the 4900??? I would assume 2400x1800 image would, by a not too dificult calc, come out at 4.3 mega pixels... but there are sites rating it at 2.4??? i don't understand...

Lakeside.'s Response to 19816_maureen.'s Review

Written on: 27/07/2003

It is a 2.4MP camera. Many places are listing it at 4.3MP, because it basically interpolates through software to make up the necessary pixels to get the larger image.
<br><br><br>
<br>Personally I felt misled since I didnt do my homework on this camera when I bought it used on ebay, the seller listed it at 4.3MP, and then I read it was really a 2.4MP.
<br><br><br>
<br>Overall though Im quite satisfied since I only use the 2400x1800 res if Im going to print something in 8x10 or larger, which works great, but sucks for screen viewing, too soft.
<br>