Make Your Own Jeans www.makeyourownjeans.com Review

TucsonSharon's review of Make Your Own Jeans www.makeyourownjeans.com

Make Your Own Jeans www.makeyourownjeans.com

“I am writing this review wearing my...”

Written on: 22/02/2011 by TucsonSharon (1 review written)

I am writing this review wearing my MakeYourOwnJeans.com jeans, which just arrived in the mail this afternoon. Thumbs up from me. AFTER ordering the jeans, I found a lot of very negative reviews, and a lot of five-star fake sounding reviews, so I waited with trepidation. But I'm quite happy with the fit, the fabric and the styling. And yes, I am a real-live internet-shopping American woman writing my own review based on jeans I paid for with my own money. It took the company 15 days from the day I ordered to send me an email saying the jeans were done and on their way to me. It took six days from the receipt of that notification for the jeans to reach me. These time frames are what they use as a guideline on their website. The fabric is what I expected, the style/cut is what I envisioned and the measurements are precise. The only thing I would change on my next pair, and yes I plan on ordering again, is that I chose a stretch fabric and I think I'll go with the non-stretch next time. It's not too stretchy, it looks like good quality denim, it's just that I don't really like it stretching at my waist and hips, although I thought I would. The stretchiness allows them to ride down a little when I sit or squat. As a result, although the waist measurement is right, I have to hoist them back up. This could be because I ordered the stretch fabric but with the non-stretch fit, because I didn't want the things to be plastered to my body, I just wanted a little give. So I think I will prefer the non-stretch fabric. The fabric and dye is of good, even quality, the seams & finish work are very nicely done. Overall for a custom fit with custom details all made to my exact request, this real live gal is impressed with her jeans. I'll tweak my fabric choice next time and lower my requested rise an inch, but I believe I will be hooked on this makeyourown concept.

Kakarels's Response to TucsonSharon's Review

Written on: 27/03/2011

this, like all of the other 4 and 5 star reviews are so fake! It's a pathetic attempt by the company to try and balance out all of the TRUE reviews where no one gives them more than a 1-star rating... and they only get 1-star because there are no choices for a minus 1 star!