Huddersfield, Storthes Hall Park Review

• Cleanliness

Guest's review of Huddersfield, Storthes Hall Park

“After looking on the website at all the pictures I was...”

Written on: 21/02/2011

After looking on the website at all the pictures I was really excited to be starting my freshers experience at storthes hall...Hugely disappointed on the move in day, I came to collect my keys and the site looked lovely until you get into the blocks where they're run down looking and have a vile stench to them. No lifts option to get to the top floor meaning you have to struggle with all your belongings up the stairs which is a pain to move in and even worse to move out.

I made the fatal error of not visiting to look around before I moved in and most definitely wouldn't have lived there if I had. The other accomodation options in town aren't advertised enough!

The rooms are a decent size but need a refurb and the bathrooms are constantly mouldy because of bad ventilation, the carpets have sick stains on near the bed where they obviously haven't been maintained properly and I imagine the last tenant lost their deposit over it and it wasn't used to replace the carpet or repaint the walls.

The cleanliness of the flats you are responsible for maintaining that yourself but when placed with the wrong sort of people your kitchen easily ends up in a mess.

The 20 minute bus journey into the town is an absolute joke, especially when the bus turns up late, struggles up the hill and always stink of sweat. Why they've placed student accomodation out in the countryside in the middle of a wood is completely beyond me and as soon as the snow hits, don't expect to be able to get into university without a 3 hour walk as the buses and taxis don't even attempt to make it up the hill...leaving 1,500 stranded with only an overpriced shop, pityful gym and a cash machine that you pay an arm and a leg for.

Dbar, advertised as this brilliant student bar is just like a school disco...but 'Lets get funked' is a decent night.

Overall my time at Storthes wasn't a brilliant experience and would definitely urge other students to at least look at the other student accomodation in the town centre which seems to be more conveinient and less run down

• Cleanliness

• On Suite

Room Facilities

Guest's Comment

Written on: 29/11/2011

My son had the same disgusting experience, the website shows nice clean modern accomodation that is different to reality, if you are thinking about this have a visit and you will change your mind for sure. you can get a house cheaper so it is not good value for money anyway.

The place is covered in graffiti and fire doors were not kept in good order, I did not bring his stuff back when I moved him out it all went in the skip as was inpregnated with the foul stench of Storthes. think carefully.