Berketex Bride, Kingston Review

Guest's review of Berketex Bride, Kingston

“I went to a wedding fair and tried on a Berketex gown...”

Written on: 21/02/2011

I went to a wedding fair and tried on a Berketex gown which i loved.

Unfortunately no one was with me except for my fiance, as i had no intention of trying on any dresses. A few weeks later my cousin who lives in another city came over, to come with me to try this gown plus others i had seen and liked on their website.

My closest Berketex branch is Richmond, Kingston which i called to ensure they had those particular gowns and to make an appt. The women assured me they had all the gowns and booked me in.

When we got to the store we was kept waiting in a freezing cold room for about 10mins. When she finally came through to us she asked which gowns it was i wanted to try, i told her the names and she dissapeared again for another 5 mins.

When she came back she said that they didnt have the gown which was my 1st choice! FUMING! I said to her i did ask over the phone if you had it and she replied "well i thought we would have it by now, i can call another store to check if they have it and you can go there or you can come back another day"!

I explained to her that my cousin had made the trip especially for that purpose. The women really was not interested. She ended up calling another store to check if they had the gowns, after confirming they did she booked me in at that store for the same day. So i wasted a trip, wasted money and wasted time!

When i got to the other store lone behold.... They didnt have all of the gowns!!! and said we told her over the phone we didnt have one of them!

I decided to try on the ones they did have and told them another store which is not berketex and is just across the road has it. They redeemed them selves by going to get that one for me to try on.

I ended up paying my deposit and ordering a size below what they said i am now because i intend on losing weight. After reading these reviews i am very scared and just hope my dress comes in time and with no additional hidden costs!

STAY AWAY FROM THE RICHMOND BRANCH!