The Connection, Shipley Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Connection, Shipley

“I spent a great deal of my youth at the Connection and...”

Written on: 20/02/2011

I spent a great deal of my youth at the Connection and the wine bar which used to be attached to it but apart from attending a reunion a few months ago I havnt been for years. I was therefore both sad and disappointed when I arranged a meal on Friday with a couple of old friends. I should have been wary when at 8pm on a Friday evening there was only 1 other family in the whole place and they left soon after we sat down leaving us as the only customers! The service was fast (but they didnt have anything else to do really) but the food was truly awful. Obviously there was no atmosphere and although we had planned to stay for a drink after eating we felt we had to leave at 9.15 as it looked like they were closing up for the night. I cant see it staying open for business much longer which is a huge shame as it has been a popular and lively place for many years.

• British

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Casual