London & Country www.lcplc.co.uk Review

Guest's review of London & Country www.lcplc.co.uk

“I can give you first hand experience of L&C because I...”

Written on: 20/02/2011

I can give you first hand experience of L&C because I worked for them, and I can honestly say it was one of the most stressful experiences of my life. You are extremely over worked, they expect you to work 10-12hrs days everyday in order to graduate, they are full of promises of large bonuses but use any excuse to take them away from you and whilst you are in the graduation period they are more interested in the quantity of mortgage applications rather than the quality of completions and this is purely driven from a sales point of view rather than actually helping, assisting and advising a customer. Other peoples comments on here regarding them being no better than an estate agent is completely true. The mortgage advise they give is more around how they can convince you to go through an application rather from the basis of sound knowledge. Don't get me wrong there are some extremely hard working and knowledgable mortgage advisor's that work there but ask them if they work in the head office at Beazer house, if they don't you are only getting a service from a newly trained advisor who is only looking to get an application rather than provide sound experience based advise from an fully qualified advisor who is looking to get your application through to completion.

The Pro's; The service they provide is FREE, my advise is ask them to give or find you the best deal that suits your needs, check it out on the providers website then go direct, no harm done, you will get the same deal and you will get a much better service from the bank or building. Also check out the website which will give you all the best deals available and then you will not have to speak to an under experienced, under paid, over worked recently qualified trainee advisor. L&C do pay for employees to take their qualifications, CeMAP1,2&3, though to give advice you only have to have CeMAP1, this is something very rare to find in an employer. I worked for a large bank for many years and constantly asked them to provide me with the training with no result. Why should they when they can employ already qualified experienced advisor from outside the company. Another pro is to take advantage of the protection advise they can give you. Most banks or building societies can not and do not give whole of market comparisons, L&C can search a wide range of insurance companies and come up with some very cheap premiums for some decent cover. Don't however go with their first recommendation ask them about with insurance provider was the cheapest.

Is there a fee?

Written on: 07/06/2011

sour grapes me thinks!!!!

Written on: 10/07/2012

As a mortgage adviser, my best advice is to listen to the advice of somebody that can spell, and complete a full sentence. Mikey

Written on: 28/07/2011

The Guest below is surely not as good as he or she thinks, a few errors in just one paragraph! I would hope a Mortgage Advisor would check what the have written/typed.

I feel the actual review is quite balanced, they could have just bad mouthed the company but there are compliments too. It gives the outsider something to think about and prospective employees too. Not all in a bad way but allowing us to get a full picture. I would still contact them regarding a Mortgage and would apply for a job with them.

Written on: 05/07/2011

This is not true, Graduation at L&C is based on Quality of business, They do not expect you to work 12-12 hours per day, i nfact i graduated in 6 months, I haven't had one service complaint, and the big bonuses are starting come in as a result. If you were working these hours and were unable to graduate then clearley the problem lies with your suitability to the role. i have worked for a few firms now and TCF has never been so previlent s it is in L&C.