Self Trade www.selftrade.co.uk Review

• Speed of transfer

Guest's review of Self Trade www.selftrade.co.uk

“Selftrade appear to be incompetent when dealing with...”

Written on: 20/02/2011

Selftrade appear to be incompetent when dealing with direct debits and with cash transfers both in and out of their accounts.

I am in process of closing accounts for my wife and myself.

My complaint to the FSA is in process of being dealt with.

I am being successful in persuading others to close their accounts because of Selftrade's incompetence.

Their updating of transfers is so slow that it gives incorrect information and leads to incorrect decisions by customers.

• Speed of transfer

Guest's Comment

Written on: 02/08/2011

Absolutely 100% right, my experience has been the same with direct debits, also with direct transfers via debit card. I managed to lose last years Shares ISA allowance because of them and I've currently been waiting 3 weeks to fund this account. Information on one part of their site doesn't update other sections and nobody seems to understand how the system works (probably because it doesn't) It frightens me that a company with staff so comprehensively incompetent have responsibility for the value of funds held. Their annual fee is the icing on the cake for me, I'm looking to move my accounts to Interactive Investor although expect the related costs from Selftrade to be equally horrific.