Zizzi, Surbiton Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Zizzi, Surbiton

“Four of us visited Zizz's (Kingston Upon Thames) on 13...”

Written on: 18/02/2011

Four of us visited Zizz's (Kingston Upon Thames) on 13 Feb 2011. The delay for our order to be taken was beyond a joke where my friend had to get up and request some service to the gathered waiters having a chat after a 30 minute wait. Please note it was a Sunday evening and the place was half empty. I ordered a chicken ciabatta salad with avocado. When it arrived I went straight for a slice of avocade and it was rock hard. I informed the waiter who was still putting down my friends main courses and he took it to the kitchen. The response was that because avocado is listed on the menu they gave me the only avocado they had left in the kitchen eventhough they knew it to be rock hard. We were all so surprise let alone they gave me this unedible avocado but the fact they admitted they did it knowingly instead of saying the dish was off the menu so I could pick something different. They offered not to charge for my meal which was fair enough.

Then to desert, my boyfriend and I ordered the oven baked bread and butter pudding to share and we were warned it would take 10-15 minutes which we were fine about. 35 minutes later were understandably were not happy anymore and when my friend confronted the manager she was outrageously rude and non apologetic. The experience was a shambles and we were all very annoyed when we left. To say the least we are all going to avoid this restaurant in Kingston like the plague. Such a shame!

• Italian

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Casual