Elkhart Classic SXA-D Alto Eb Review

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

Guest's review of Elkhart Classic SXA-D Alto Eb

Elkhart Classic SXA-D Alto Eb

“I was in music retail for over 40 year and I have been...”

Written on: 17/02/2011

I was in music retail for over 40 year and I have been a technician for over 30 years now. I have sold Elkhart SeriesII saxes since they where introduced about 10 years ago. I sold many to Schools, Teachers and Students with great success. I get them back for repair from Schools and find they have stood up to student life very well. The Yamaha YAS275 is made in Indonesia and the bell is glued on instead of having a metal band to to secure it. The Yamaha only needs a sharp tap on the bell to break the glue thus making it loose. I think the Elkhart Deluxe or Series II works well up to a high grade if you get yourself a good mouthpiece. The mouthpiece is the driving force on the instrument so it is very important.

Most Taiwanese saxes are ok if you buy from a good dealer and not a BOX SHIFTER. MAKE SURE IT IS CHECKED OVER!

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard