Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk Review

Guest's review of Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

Milupa Aptamil First Infant Formula Milk

“I first started my daughter on sma gold as that's what...”

Written on: 16/02/2011

I first started my daughter on sma gold as that's what all my family had used, however she seemed unsettled and did bring quite a bit of her feeds up, nothing major but enough to make me wonder if it was her milk not agreeing with her. I ummed and ahhed for the first 7 weeks of her life whether to change her to aptamil or not, I heard a lot about cow and gate being the same so I tried that first but still was pretty much the same so went back to sma gold thinking that must just be how babies are and I'm worrying over nothing. I don't know why I picked up aptamil at Asda instead of sma, I just thought what the hell, I've heard of so many people changing to aptamil and it changing their babies completely, I'm just going to try it. I felt ever so guilty making up those first lot of bottles with aptamil, all I could think of is what must all this swapping and changing be doing to my poor babies digestive system, but it was too late now, she needed feedin and that's all I had. Wow! After the first bottle, no sick at all, not even a little when she brought up wind! She is much more settled and happier and I'm so glad I did it. What I want to get across in this review is to not listen to everyone who says that baby being a bit unsettled, a bit sick is normal because a change in milk could be all your baby needs. I put off changing to this milk because I listened to these people and after changing her milk once with no difference I felt too bad to change again but in the long run for a couple of weeks of having different milk it's well worth it to have a happier baby for months to come when I could still be dealing with a slightly sicky and unsettled baby and still wondering if it may be her milk!

Marymarcus's Comment

Written on: 19/03/2011

I found this review very helpful because...it has reassured me that i have done the right thing in swapping my baby's formula for the same reasons.

Newmommy's Comment

Written on: 17/06/2014

hi
I found this really helpful my baby is due in December and have been wanting to use aptamil since I found out I was pregnant, my family all have used cow and gate and say I should use that instead as most people dont get along with aptamil and also aptamil is just for combined breastfeeding and im not going to breastfeed

Zzzrrr's Comment

Written on: 14/08/2013

wow.... i totally agree, aptamil is the best. My lil one started off on aptamil at the hospital after she was born,as i wasnts getting the hang off breastfeeding after my C section. its aptamil the hospital gave me through out until she started to breastfeed. I never had a colic baby when using aptamil and there was no constipation. one day i had to buy cow and gate formula as it was it only formula available at the time,and that was like horrible. She had the worst gripe ever. i felt so sorry i went on an aptamil hunting spree. i did some tasting myself and the aptamil taste soooo milky and nice compared to the cow and gate which taste like iron and was sooooooooo sweet. thats when i knew for sure that aptamil was a way better brand... as its the milk that matters and not the sugar. Also i have noticed other babies oncow and gate and smg and the are soooooo chubby compared to my baby that looks more lean and medium in size. it had to be the sugar in the other brands that plumps them up so quickly.

Guest's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2011

Thank you, this has been really helpful. I have just found out I may not be able to breastfeed next month when my baby is due. Making any decisions at the moment is tricky as well

Helen

Guest's Comment

Written on: 03/07/2011

hello
do u have any idea where can i buy this bottles in the picture?