Zoo Plus - www.zooplus.co.uk Review

pixiedot's review of Zoo Plus - www.zooplus.co.uk

“First off, all orders from Zooplus are posted from...”

Written on: 16/02/2011 by pixiedot (12 reviews written)

First off, all orders from Zooplus are posted from Munich, Germany. They are sent by Parcelforce 24. This service is free for orders over £19.00. No UK website offers such good value. Average time for goods to reach our shores is 2/3 days, then the parcel can be tracked on-line. First message says at National Hub. You now know you will certainly receive it the following day. Unless a weekend.

I have bought many items of dog feed from them and never had a problem with any of them. I must have spent between 3 and 4 hundred pounds now. I will cite some examples. A 7.5kg sack of Burns high energy lamb, for junior dogs is £22.60 from them---post paid!! No UK pet shop can get anywhere near that price. They sell some of the best canned food you could possibly feed your dog, needless to say none of it is made in the UK, mainly Germany/ Sweden/ Czechoslovakia, very high quality, lots of meat and veg. Good protein counts of 10 up to 13% very good for canned food.

Lukullus is one I buy, tray of 12 is less than £10.00, Rinti is another. They sell excellent sensitive feed, ie Rocco sensible. They do Reindeer, wild boar and lots of other flavours. Sure makes what we produce boring boring. There list of quality dog treats is unbelievable, they have the most comprehensive selection I have ever seen. If you buy two large sacks of dry dog food the price is reduced dramatically. A shop near me sells One Burns working out at £3.70 per kg. Buy two large from Zooplus and you get it for around £2.50 per kg. Work out that saving then.

I am a genuine customer of theirs, I know some cynics will think I work for them, I do not, I am only too glad to pass onto other dog lovers the savings to be made. AND they take Paypal, so you are well covered. Even if you spend under £19.00 they only chatge you £1.99 postage. Come on, how? its been sent pf24 from Germany and some UK petshops on-line charge lots more than this if you don`t spend at least £50 in some cases. Sent internally.

I fully recommend having a look, also I must be a cynic as I find some of the very very unfavourable reviews of Zooplus extremely suspect. I have phoned them twice, always polite and helpful, you always speak to a German as your UK call is transferred to Germany. There English is first class. Some UK on-line pet stores must be running scared of these people, as none can match them, if you are out there, prove me totally wrong. I have a sneaky paranoid feeling where some of the very bad reviews MAY emanate from. could be entirely wrong of course.

• Dog food exceeding £300.00