Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover Review

Guest's review of Eco Solutions X-Tex Textured Coatings Remover

“I brought this product today and applied as the...”

Written on: 15/02/2011

I brought this product today and applied as the instruction state. After an hour I tried to scrap artex off and it hadn't made any difference so I sprayed with water as gel had dried slightly but to effect. In the end I have resulted to steamer and very hard work. I wasted my hard earned money on two tubs that did exactly nothing.

Andrewchivers's Comment

Written on: 05/12/2011

Really sorry to hear you had problems with our product, but after reading your comments I feel that you probably didnt leave it on for long enough. Artex that has not been painted over would have come off almost straight away, but commonly it has been painted many times with various types of emulsion.

We always recommend to try a small test area first as every job is different. Cover the test area with some plastic film and leave overnight for best results. Any blistered paint will lift the product away and stop it working, so forcing it down with plastic film is a great tip.

Also if you think you might have vinyl silk we recommend to cut the surface lightly with a blade prior to appying X-Tex as it can then get underneath and lift the plastisiced paint away from the surface. Removal using a long handled blade scraper is also a great tip.