Talk Talk Broadband www.talktalk.co.uk Review

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

Guest's review of Talk Talk Broadband www.talktalk.co.uk

“Ordered For My Grandma ”

Written on: 15/02/2011

Ordered For My Grandma

Broadband - **** - Disconnects devices if not using internet, easily resolved by changing the router settings to be Always on not Idle. Average Speed For Area. Customer Service ok, not the best.

Phone - ** - Quite often phone cuts out and no calls can be made nor recived, this is really dangerous in an emergency this happens about twice every few months lasting for about 4 hours.

On The Whole OK but SKY are better.

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

Visit talktalk.co.uk

Cherry211's Comment

Written on: 25/02/2011

I found this review very helpful because...for nearly a year I had a similar problem with the router disconnecting me from the internet. Not all the time, just every couple of weeks or so I would have a few days where it was almost impossible to connect to the internet. I certainly couldn't download anything or stream a program.
<br/>
<br/>Every time I phoned Tech Support they would tell me "no, your router is fine it's your micro filter. Buy a new one." Now, I'm no genius at these things, but common sense and logic dictates that if the micro filter was faulty, the problem would be there all the time and not intermittent. After a number of calls and insisting that there was nothing wrong with said filter TalkTalk wanted to send an engineer to my home. I refused because I could be liable for a &pound;27 charge if the fault was found to be mine even though I knew the fault wasn't mine.
<br/>
<br/>Anyway, reading your review and realising that you had the same problem the answer was simple. Just change the router settings from 'idle' to '0' (always on). No more problem. The router has not disconnected once! So why couldn't tech support do that? Because according to them, the router is supposed to go into 'idle mode' when not in use. However, the router would go into idle mode when streaming/downloading or just when reading a document. Broadband is supposed to be always on, that's the whole idea of it.

Grahamstoke's Comment

Written on: 28/11/2012

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this problem-I had a similar one when I used BT my old iMac computer was made faulty by them so I changed to TalkTalk, after a couple of hitches with my Toshiba laptop every thing has been fine and, surprise surprise my bills have reduced considerably.I agree with you about the technical advisers-ask to speak to an English technician in future and insist on it!....I have also found problems have occured when there has been water ingress to the connecting boxes both internal and external.

Jimbohaccp's Comment

Written on: 05/01/2013

From personal experience I would avoid Talk Talk for broadband - see my review for the low down on my experience - http://www.reviewcentre.com/Broadband-Reviews/Talk-Talk-Broadband-www-talktalk-co-uk-review_1816639

talktalk.co.uk