Maldon Tandoori, Maldon Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Maldon Tandoori, Maldon

“I'm always wary of Indian restaurants that I haven't...”

Written on: 14/02/2011

I'm always wary of Indian restaurants that I haven't been to, as I really dislike fresh coriander, which is so often used as garnish for the majority of Indian dishes. I've been to so many places where - even though I've asked for it not to be used - my meal has been ruined. We came across maldon tandoori by chance, and thought the menu looked interesting (we hadn't eaten bangladeshi/indian cuisine before). The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. I explained that I didn't like fresh coriander - though my husband loves it - and asked that my dishes be served without it. Our food was delicious; my chicken was really tender (unlike the chewy chunks that masquerade as chicken in some Indian restaurants) and we had a really unusual beetroot side dish that we loved. The restaurant is quite small and but luxurious, but comfortable and welcoming - everyone around us certainly seemed to be enjoying their food. We have friends who live in maldon who have never been to Maldon tandoori - will certainly tell them to give it a try!

• Indian

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• Several times a month

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all