Moon Sha, Derby Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Moon Sha, Derby

“After hearing the bad reviews on here about the poor...”

Written on: 13/02/2011

After hearing the bad reviews on here about the poor service and food quality of Moon Sha, we were quite sceptical as to what our experience would be like. We had passed it many times and had always wanted to try traditional Japanese cuisine as we had only had shop-bought alternatives.

We booked a table for 2 in the normal dining areas as we thought this would be better for a valentines meal than the Tepanyaki bar. We were sat quite near the Tepanyaki bar which was lively, entertaining and added to our experience.

Our orders for drinks were taken quickly and they gave us enough time to choose our meals. Our waitress was friendly and helped us decide what order to have everything in. We had the Sushi and Sashimi taster platters and the Tempura Mussels to start and we were really impressed by the presentation and food quality.

For mains we ordered a Bento box each. I had Kamo Duck and my partner had Teriyaki Chicken. Both, again, were enjoyable and of a high quality.

The total bill including drinks came to about £70. I definitely would recommend this resteraunt for special occassions as it does break the bank a little bit, especially if you have more drinks. However, that was the reason we booked it, for a special occassion, and it was worth every penny.

After my experience of Moon Sha I am shocked by the bad reviews as food quality and service were exceptional. We shall be coming again for a birthday soon and to try the Tepanyaki bar.

• Japanese

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Lively