Tool Net www.tool-net.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Tool Net www.tool-net.co.uk

“I ordered a heater from Tool-net on the 27th of...”

Written on: 11/02/2011

I ordered a heater from Tool-net on the 27th of January. The website states that delivery will take place in 3 to 5 days. A week later (3rd Feb)I call them to see where the heater is - the website also states that you can see the status of your order, this is incorrect, you can't, it just says "your toolbox is empty" whilst this is factually correct it's not very helpful. The gentleman I spoke to informed me that the manufacturers were having problems and the stock would be delivered to them the following Thursday and would be with me the following Friday.

The following Friday (11th Feb) I called them again to see where the heater was to be told that there had been another delay and it now wouldn't be with me until the 15th of February. I explained that I was a little bit annoyed it had taken so long that that I had not been told of the delays. The "gentleman" on the phone then said "well, what do you want me to do about it Jennifer". I have to confess that this annoyed me even more. I have cancelled my order.

To summarise:

The website is, at best, misleading.

No one will contact you to keep you informed (Mr Gregory, me calling you to ask where the heater is is NOT you keeping me informed).

Customer service is non existant and the staff are very rude.

Money will be debited from your account when you place the order regardless of when the stock is delivered.

Perhaps their slogan "Tool-net. No excuses" is meant to be ironic?

To put it into perspective, this is the first time I have ever written a review of anything on the internet.

• Rhino TQ3 Heater

• Still waiting

Toolnet's Comment

Written on: 14/02/2011

Thank you for taking the time to place a review.
<br/>
<br/>I am not surprised that you have written one as you were very aggressive during our phone conversation and refused to listen to an apology, explanation or attempts to solve the problem, which I did find surprising. Our customer service operatives are trained to high standards and we are taught to hang up on abusive calls, however...
<br/>
<br/>This heater was one of a batch ordered from the manufacturer in early December 2010. (Rhino - 0115 938 900 will verify). The batch had been promised to us numerous times and the due date was pushed further and further back. The heaters were promised again for delivery on the 10th but failed to show. The have finally been received today the 14th. This would have made you order 8 days late, for which we apologise.
<br/>
<br/>The STATUS of ALL orders can be seen at ALL times by SIGNING IN and clicking "My Orders" details are not kept in the "Toolbox"(Basket) which is emptied when the order is placed as is the norm.
<br/>
<br/>I understood your frustration and having exhausted all attempts to reconcile your fury I asked what "could I do to help solve the situation" which was met with another tirade of abuse!
<br/>
<br/>We Confirmed by email; your customer account, confirmed your order and sent an email on the 5th working day apologising for lateness. We spoke to you on the 3rd of February and you were happy to leave the heater on back order. On the 11th we had another conversation and your order was indeed cancelled and the payment refunded immediately. We then emailed to confirm the cancellation, refund and included a &pound;5 apology voucher.
<br/>
<br/>We deal with 1000's of customers every month and have great communications with them, as you can see from the reviews below.
<br/>
<br/>I was disapointed that we were unable to resolve our differences, it is the first time this has happened!
<br/>Regards Andy