Experian Credit Report www.experian.co.uk Review

Guest's review of Experian Credit Report www.experian.co.uk

“I signed up for the free credit trial. I called to...”

Written on: 11/02/2011

I signed up for the free credit trial. I called to cancel it and the agent (Paul) told me that a company called CCN had done a credit check on me. He asked me if I had applied for other credit. He sounded very concerned. He said he did not know who CCN were.

CCN are the name that Experian were formerly known as.

He was trying to convince me to have a report and commit to a service.

When I called back to speak to a manager - I asked the agent (Chris) if he know who CCN were. He said no. He asked for my account details. I did not give him my account details. I explained what had happened with his colleague. Then he admitted he *did* know that CCN was the former name of Experian. He had lied to me outright. He would not let me speak to a manager unless I gave him my account details.

I recommend that this company be investigated for misleading practices. I spoke to two agents, both of whom denied knowing that CCN was the former name of Experian. I am wary to use the word fraud.

• Credit Report