San Carlo, Birmingham Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Ferne Adams's review of San Carlo, Birmingham

“I took my brothers and sisters to a meal at San Carlo...”

Written on: 11/02/2011 by Ferne Adams (1 review written)

I took my brothers and sisters to a meal at San Carlo last weekend. We all live in different cities and only get to speak through Skype or Facebook. When we all somehow managed to free our diaries for a family weekend, I knew we had to do something special to mark the occasion.

The night just could not have gone better. The hustle and bustle of the restaurant only added to our excitement and when our food arrived, we were blown away! It was all beautifully presented and tasted even better. It was just like we were transported to five years ago before we went to university, moved away or got new jobs. We filled each other in on our news while picking from each other's plates.

Our waiter was fantastic. He was extremely gracious and warm and despite the luxurious environment we were in, we felt comfortable and very at home.

We finished the night with a few wines and headed off to a club to dance the night away. Thank you San Carlo for a lovely start to our much needed family sibling weekend, we'll be back!

• Italian

Food Type

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Lively