Select: Escan Anti-Virus Review

• Quality

Guest's review of Select: Escan Anti-Virus

Select: Escan Anti-Virus

“Escan has kept my dad's laptop relatively clean. Or so...”

Written on: 05/02/2011

Escan has kept my dad's laptop relatively clean. Or so he was told by the IT guys at his workplace. But, of late, the laptop, an HP Pavilion running Windows 7 Pro, takes over 5 minutes to boot! Yes, 5+ minutes! I cleaned the laptop with the usual tweaks & tools. No change. Uninstalled EScan. Then installed Avira which I've been running on my own PC for a while now with zero problems. The laptop booted in under 2 minutes, which is an improvement. :) I'm running a full system scan as I type this and Avira has already made 15 detections. In summary, I wouldn't recommend EScan. It probably worked for a few other people but I'd never install EScan on any computer I work on.

• Quality

Vampirefo's Comment

Written on: 04/08/2013

Obviously you had eScan set up to scan on every boot, so your review is worthless!