T3 Evolution Hair Dryer Review

• Style

• Service & Support

Guest's review of T3 Evolution Hair Dryer

T3 Evolution Hair Dryer

“I purchased a T3 Evolution dryer about 4 years ago. I...”

Written on: 04/02/2011

I purchased a T3 Evolution dryer about 4 years ago. I have thick hair that has a resistant curl and depend heavily on my dryer to get it straight every day. I am also a sucker for high-end hair appliances and have gone through quite a few over the years (contrary to what I often read in reviews, every appliance has a "use" life, higher priced appliances don't necessarily last longer). After 4 years of daily use, the cord on my dryer finally went. I absolutely believe that this was a wear and tear type issue after 4 years, not a manufacturer's defect as my T3 has been completely problem-free otherwise. My hairdryer came with a phenomenal 4 year warranty that I was not even aware of - I mistakenly assumed it was 2 years and threw out the box and receipt after a few years.

When my T3 went, I decided to use my backup dryer which is the CTC Lite - not an inexpensive dryer by any stretch, but one that I thankfully got as a package deal when I purchased their straightening iron (which is phenomenal by the way). I thought I would make due with the CTC, but after a couple of weeks of use, there was no doubt in my mind that I would have to either purchase a new T3 or get the cord repaired. I contacted T3 asking about a repair and I could not believe the unbelievable response I got. Their customer is absolutely amazing and I cannot say enough about it. I got a really quick response from them telling me that they felt that my dryer could be replaced due to manufacturer's defect. I wrote back telling them that I did not believe this was the case (hey I had to be honest), that I had had the dryer for almost 4 years and that I had neither the receipt or box any longer. The wrote back right away saying that as a courtesy they still would give me a complete replacement upon receiving my damaged one (there was a small handling fee covering shipping etc, but it was minimal). Sure enough, I received a brand new (not my repaired) hairdryer - the Luxe model that seems to work similar to my old Evolution, they did not send me some cheapo replacement. All I can say is wow!!!!!

The things I love about this dryer and what makes it perfect for curly haired girls that like to wear their hair straight is the sheer power of this dryer. It is super light, has really good blowing power and gets really hot without burning or frizz - of course you can go cooler if you like as it has multiple setting for both speed and heat as well as a cool shot button. As far as drying time, it does do as well as other high-end dryers - the CTC is good for this as well, but personally I find this easier to handle and I truly believe the end results are significantly better. I find my hair is straighter, the strands lie flatter throughout the day (with body still) and I do get more shine and less frizz overall. I love love love this dryer and no, I am not in anyway connected to the company - the dryer won me over years ago and the company philosophy/customer service has solidified my thinking - at least in my experience they backed up their belief in their product even when they clearly did not have to. I would recommend this dryer to anyone even if the customer service was not great, it just makes it so much nicer that it is.

• More than 1 year

Owned Product For

• fast dry, light, good heat

Special Features